When you buy wood flooring, you will find wood flooring with flat buckle and lock buckle, flooring flat buckle and lock buckle what is the difference, which is good? The following explains the difference between flooring flat buckle and locking buckle, and analysis of locking buckle flooring and flat buckle flooring which is good.
What is flat buckle flooring
Flooring flat buckle refers to the edge of the wood flooring enterprise mouth is flat, flat buckle belongs to the old enterprise mouth design, now few flooring manufacturers use flat buckle design, flat buckle flooring is gradually eliminated. Flat buckle can control the displacement of the horizontal direction of the floor, generally use a long time easy to warp at the interface, resulting in uneven floor.
What is locking flooring
Floor locking buckle (also called mandarin duck buckle), refers to the edge of the wooden floor has a “convex” and “concave” groove design, there is a single locking floor and double locking floor, locking buckle is a more advanced floor splicing way, locking floor installation groove and convex mortise and tenon mouth bite closely and Flat, the seam is more beautiful and fashionable, the lock can control the horizontal and vertical displacement of the floor in two directions.
1. locking flooring advantages and disadvantages
- locking flooring another biggest advantage is to prevent cracks in the floor joints and extend the service life. And the use of glueless paving, easy to disassemble, can be reused.
- From the point of view of installation, lock flooring is much more convenient. When paving, you only need to tap each floor gently to enter the recess. And the seams are also tighter, and the locking technology can reduce the error of manual paving and reduce costs.
- Compared with ordinary flat laminate flooring, locking flooring has stricter requirements for the substrate, and the locking flooring has a very strong connection of the enterprise mouth, which bears more tension and is relatively more stable.
- Because of the locking force, the locking floor can be laid without glue, without doing keel. The seams of the floor are also very tight, and will not crack or bulge because of temperature changes.
- Locking flooring is laid directly on the ground, completely nail-free, glue-free and keel-free, saving room height. Buckled flooring is only glue-free.
- Locking floor: Closely bonded floor locking latches (also known as mandarin duck lock), overcoming the problems of seam separation, buckling and bulging during external cold, external heat, dry and wet changes. In the process of laying, completely nail-free, glue-free, keel-free, directly laid on the ground, saving the height of the room, can be repeatedly disassembled and used, economical and practical.
- Pat flooring: Snap flooring adopts series of plate groove design, plate locking seamlessly, completely solving the problem of floor cracking due to high strength stepping, so that the laminate flooring has completed the transformation from household type to commercial type.
- Since there is no need to use glue, it can be spliced directly, and the environmental problems caused by glue residue have become a thing of the past. After being laid, the floor becomes very clean and tidy with no odor. Depending on the needs of the user, this flooring can be repeatedly laid five times for use.
- The locking flooring is more expensive than flat flooring:
Although the locking buckle is loved by the public, but its price is relatively expensive, many consumers’ economic level can not meet the conditions, the popularity of the locking buckle has caused certain disadvantages.
- Material access difficulties:
Compared with ordinary flooring, locking flooring material access difficulties, not all wood can be used as locking flooring.
- High requirements for production equipment:
Locking groove has high requirements for production equipment and substrate type, and it is difficult to produce locking flooring with general equipment, and locking groove has high requirements for production equipment and substrate type.
2 Locking flooring installation method.
Requirements before installation
1) Flattening work must be completed.
2)Ground levelness:1m distance slope is less than 3mm.
3)The floor can be installed on the existing tile floor, old wooden floor, terrazzo floor, supporting floor heating, cement floor, staircase floor; as long as the ground is flat, it can be laid.
4) Installation tools: tape measure, cutting machine, hammer, knocking block, glass glue.
The installation process
Step 1: Clean the foundation ground. Ensure that the ground is not too much sand, so as not to affect the floor later in the use of various small problems.
Step 2: After cleaning the ground, lay the moisture-proof cotton.
The lock floor has a moisture-proof role, so the reason for laying moisture-proof cotton now is that the ground can be separated from the lock floor to prevent some small sand particles on the ground from being cleaned up and the sound of grinding sand particles when walking.
We all know that locking floor is thinner than wood floor and laminate floor. If it is laid directly on the ground because of thinness, it is hard to feel the effect of stepping on the tile floor when walking. In addition to a good appearance, but the feet feel too hard to step on, through the moisture-proof cotton can also improve the comfort of the feet.
Step 3: Select paving method
- 1.369 splicing method.
- 2. 4/5 staggered paving.
- I-beam piecing.
- DIY creative splicing.
Step 4: After choosing the paving method, start from the position of the right angle wall. After aligning the snap, 45 degree angle snap buried, floor paving without wood frame; installed in this way and direct layout, leaving a 10 mm gap between the wall and the board.
Step 5: After the whole layer is laid, enter the final process. After locking the floor if you need to install the footing, just install the footing directly. If there is no installation of the ground wire, directly closed with glass glue.
3. Difference between locking flooring and flat buckle flooring
Locking flooring with wood grain paper
Flat buckle and locking buckle are two different kinds of wood flooring enterprise mouth design, flooring flat buckle and locking buckle difference mainly have the following:
- Installation method is different:
flat buckle wood flooring installation between the two pieces of flooring need to be fixed with glue, or nails, installation of flat buckle flooring to leave sufficient contraction joints at the wall, and in the contraction joints to add springs. And locking floor installation method is relatively simple, installed directly on top of the leveling ground, the installation process without glue, nails, and even keel-free installation.
- Control floor displacement direction is different:
flat buckle can control the horizontal direction of the floor displacement occurs, locking buckle can control the floor horizontal and vertical displacement in two directions.
- The price is different
Generally speaking, the same kind of flooring, locking process of wood flooring price than flat buckle flooring price is a little higher.
- Different durability:
Flat buckle flooring over time, the nails at the interface are easy to loosen, often occurring at the interface buckling, resulting in uneven flooring. And locking flooring between due to the role of locking force, the connection is more closely, can be extended with the temperature changes in the whole around, to avoid the local bulge, solve the problem of inherent deformation, the overall paving effect is good.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!