Tips to know waterproof panel for home decor
What are the types of waterproof panel
There are four kinds of waterproof panels.
- PVC sheet, with its strong waterproof properties and durability under regular conditions, is ideal for surface protection in panel decorative applications. It is used mainly as a decorative material attached to adhesive film.
- Stainless steel offers better water resistance and durability, but is costlier and heavier. Stainless steel plate is formed of compressed metal on its surface, which helps withstand external forces. First it offsets the surface stress to improve bearing capacity and enhance just structure resistance—to wind pressure or impact.
- Baking paint boards are moisture-proof and will not absorb water. However, they cannot be bumped or abused as some of the particles may flake off. Baking paint board is a multi-layer special fiber material that’s saturated with phenolic resin and then pressed under high temperature and pressure to give it maximum strength for use in a humid environment.
- Plastic boards offer strong moisture resistance and good waterproof properties, but have little inherent fire-retardant qualities. Plastic or aluminum edging—sometimes with a textured plastic face to imitate wood grain—can also be used in board formwork. But because this type of formwork is relatively easy to deform, its use should only be considered as an interim solution while more robust material types are being procured.
The common types on the market are:
Anti particle panels are made of a waterproof composite material that can withstand high temperatures and water splashing, as well as keeping interior spaces dry.
In addition, the anti-particle board itself also has self-cleaning ability: when it is exposed to water for a prolonged period of time, its surface effectively forms an impermeable layer that prevents contaminants (such as food particles and grease) from sticking.
Color steel plate
As its name suggests, color steel plate is made out of colored steel. The coating that gives the color to this type of steel is also responsible for its resistance to rust and other forms of corrosion.
The coating is made of silicon modified polyester or bi-poly difluoroethylene, which are two durable materials with a shelf life of 10 to 15 years.
If the color steel plate is sprayed with paint every 10 months, its useful life can be extended to 35 years. The most commonly used roofing material in housing projects is—steel plates?
EVA waterproof sheet
EVA flashing is an important waterproof sheet, one of the more widely used in life and frequently. Take small details, our feet sneakers, most of them are EVA soles, it is very light, and wear-resistant, corrosion-resistant, waterproof, with a buffering effect. With EVA hot melt adhesive made of sheet is also the same, lightweight and waterproof, the price is appropriate, the key insulation performance is relatively better.
PVC board made of PVC as raw material cross-section of the honeycomb mesh structure of the board, the board is light, the price is relatively low compared to wood, can prevent moths, insulation and waterproof is a high use rate of waterproof board, PVC water waterproof fundamental reason is that PVC plastic does not absorb water.
XPS extruded plastic sheet
XPS extrusion board is extruded polystyrene insulation board, is the third generation of rigid foam insulation materials, is a polystyrene resin with auxiliary materials and catalysts, after continuous extrusion out of the molding of rigid foam board. Its biggest advantage is that it has high strength compressive resistance and good heat insulation, the molecular structure of the board is stable, so it avoids water leakage, infiltration, frost, condensation and other troubles.
Waterproof board thickness specification requirements
1, “JGJ 476-2019 “Building Construction Anti-floating Technical Standards” require the thickness of anti-flotation bottom plates be no less than 350mm, and that they meet requirements for deformation cracks and minimum reinforcement rate.
2, A waterproof board is also known as a geomembrane. This type of membrane, which is typically 0.8mm thick or more and made from polymers such as PVC, can be used to create a completely watertight layer over imperfections in the substrate below it. A composite membrane may have a rigid sheet on one side for strength—this makes installation by vector possible
3, The material has excellent flexibility and durability, as well as chemical resistance. It resists most acids and alkalis without deterioration; also resistant to oils, solvents etc.
4, Waterproof board raw materials include low density polyethylene (LDPE), linear low density polyethylene (LLDPE), high density polyethylene (HDPE) and others such as ethylene vinyl acetate modified asphalt(ECB).
Waterproof board specifications model
Ordinary national standard waterproof sheet specification model is (0.8-3.0)mm, composite waterproof sheet that is composite geomembrane is a plastic film as an impermeable base material, and non-woven fabric composite geotechnical impermeable materials, its impermeability depends mainly on the impermeability of the plastic film performance.
On the market according to different lengths, widths, thicknesses and other flashing, so there are many kinds of specifications. Here’s a look at what size specifications are available.
- According to the length of the different: waterproof sheet specifications are 500-1800 mm, and even 2400 mm, 2800 mm, 3000 mm, 3400 mm, 4000 mm, 5000 mm, 6000 mm and other specifications, can be selected.
- According to the width of different: waterproof sheet specifications are 500 mm, 600 mm, 1100 mm to 1900 mm and so on.
- According to the thickness is not the same: waterproof board specifications are 3-8 mm, 12 mm, 15 mm, 16 mm, 18 mm, and 20-50 mm and other thickness to supply a variety of choices.
The advantages of waterproof board
- The characteristics of waterproof sheet—higher tensile strength in all directions than other needle-punched nonwoven fabrics under the same grammage specifications and extremely high UV resistance—make it an excellent choice for use under harsh weather conditions.
- It can withstand high temperatures up to 230°C, and can maintain its structural integrity and original physical properties at high temperatures.
- Waterproof board is needle-punched molding and thicker than most waterboards; its vertical permeability (the ability of a material to allow liquid or gas molecules to pass through it) makes it ideal for use in basements.
- Waterproof board is more resistant to the effects of creeping rot than other geotextiles, so it has a longer lifespan. Its durability makes it able to withstand exposure to common chemicals in the soil as well as gasoline and diesel fuel—the most corrosive liquids available.
What is the difference between a waterproof sheet and a raft sheet
1, The definition of different
Waterproof sheet, also known as geomembrane, which is made of polymer as the basic raw material of an impermeable material, divided into homogeneous waterproof sheet and composite waterproof sheet. Raft, is a concrete slab in the foundation project, under the plate is the foundation, the plate above the column, wall, etc.. Because it is such as raft floating on top of the soil, and is imaginatively called raft slab.
2, The reinforcement arrangement is different
Raft is a type of foundation structure type of components. And “waterproof plate” is not a structural type, there is no definition, only a part of the common name, meaning that through the waterproofing role of the bottom plate.
3, The role of different functions
Waterproof plate is the main function of water buoyancy in the bottom plate, so the force and inverted beam building cover or beamless building cover similar to the role of water buoyancy control. And raft plate force is mainly wall column down the vertical load, in general, the water buoyancy does not control the role.
If you are looking for professional furniture paper for wood-like surfaces, please get in touch with us for a quick free quotation.